Family Day 2019 Volunteers!!!! (Community Fair and Parade)
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
The 30th Annual Family Day is on is Saturday, Aug. 24th, 2019, hosted by the Minneapolis Urban League. As a Family Day volunteer, you can help bring entertainment, food, fun and resources to families in North Minneapolis! Volunteers can sign up for a two- to four-hour time slot and will receive a free t-shirt to wear on the day of the event. To learn more about the Minneapolis Urban League: www.mul.org.
To sign-up as a volunteer, call 612-302-3100 or email email@example.com.
Volunteer opportunities include:
Children’s Activities Area (KIDZONE)
- Line up patrons in an orderly manner to ensure safe access to activities.
- Monitor activities to ensure adherence to rules and safety procedures, or arrange for the removal of unruly patrons.
Adult Activities Area
- Assist with crowd promotion of activities(i.e., pass out handbills to generate participants for bingo, bidwhist, dominoes, & other activities).
Volunteer Check-In Area
- Provide Front Desk reception service. (Serve as 'first point of entry’ for vendors, volunteers, and Family Day participants.)
- Maintain crowd control around * all activity areas.
- Conduct a walk-through of the entire area (between Logan and Penn Avenues) every half-hour and immediately report any concerns or suspicious activities to one of the off-duty officers.
- Be on site by 9:30 a.m. to assist Parade units with final lineup changes.
- Assist Security with crowd control along * the parade route.
- Deliver water,
- Be on-site by 8:00 a.m. to receive assignments.
- Assist with set up and placement of displays, signage, etc.
- If necessary, assist with vendor booth setup and deliver needed goods and supplies to vendor stations.(For this task, you must be able to lift at least 10lbs.)
- Be available at the Check-in area to receive assignments.
- Serve as a 'runner,’ transporting messages or supplies to volunteers in the event area.
- Help place trash receptacles throughout event area.
- Regularly monitor event area throughout the day for full trash containers, and remove full trash bags from containers and replace liners.
- Assist Facilities with breaking down and transporting displays, tables & chairs, and other equipment items. (For this task, must be able to lift at least 10lbs.)
***STAGE MANAGER: We are also hiring (paid opportunity) a Stage manager who will plan activities for the stage, including speakers, performers, exhibitions. If you know of someone with stage manager skill or experience, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2100 Plymouth Avenue NorthMinneapolis, MN 55411
- Youth Services
- Event Management
- Customer Service
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Shifts run from Event Set-Up 8am-12pm; Parade 8 am-12 pm; Volunteer Check-in 8 am-5 pm; Vendor Check-in: 10 am-12 pm; Security: 11 am-7 pm; Adult Activities (Bingo, Card Games, etc.): 12pm-6pm; Kids Zone: 12pm-6 pm; Event Take Down/Clean up: 5pm-9p