Ten Thousand Villages Board Member
5 people are interested
Ten Thousand Villages Richmond is looking for dynamic and engaging volunteer Board Members to fill a variety of roles on our Board of Directors.
In search of, but not limited to Marketing, Retail & Sales and Development Professionals.
Our Mission We create opportunities for artisans in developing countries to earn income by bringing their products and stories to our markets through long-term, fair trading relationships.
- Know Ten Thousand Villages mission, goals, bylaws, policies, programs, services, strengths and needs.
- Demonstrate a personal and/or professional commitment to the issue of fair trade and Ten Thousand Village’s contribution to and role within fair trade.
- Bring knowledge, advice and/or counsel to the Board on the topic of fair trade, and/or, avail yourself of opportunities to further educate and inform you on the topic.
- Represent Ten Thousand Villages, Richmond to the best of your abilities when speaking or appearing on the organizations behalf.
- When appropriate, suggest possible nominees to the Board who are individuals of achievement and distinction and who can make a significant contribution to the organization.
- Serve in leadership position or undertake special assignments willingly when asked.
- Assist the organization in reaching and maintaining high standards of cultural competence and diversity.
- Attend board meetings, coming prepared and ready to participate and maintaining confidentiality of the Board’s executive sessions.
- In addition to attending Board Meetings, as Volunteers, Board Members are expected to participate on committees, with events, and serve on the Sales Floor.
Once selected to be a board member, you will receive a thorough orientation.
Board terms are for three years and can be renewed for second term of three years.
All active board members are yearly asked to complete a Ten Thousand Villages Board Member Statement of Agreement, which outlines responsibilities of both the board member to the organization and Ten Thousand Villages responsibilities to it’s Board Members.
About Ten Thousand Villages
3201 West Cary St., Richmond, VA 23221, US
Ten Thousand Villages creates opportunities for artisans in developing countries to earn income by bringing their products and stories to our markets through long-term, fair trading relationships.
Our Vision is that one day all artisans in developing countries will earn a fair wage, be treated with dignity and respect and be able to live a life of quality.
Ten Thousand Villages is more than a store. We're a global maker‑to‑market movement. We're a way for you to shop with intention for ethically-sourced wares - and to share in the joy of connecting with makers in ten thousand villages.
As a pioneer of fair trade, we do business differently, putting people and planet first. That means you can trust that every handmade purchase you make from us directly impacts the life and community of its maker in a developing country.
We'll work with your schedule.
3201 West Cary St.Richmond, VA 23221
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Sales Marketing
- Customer Acquisition
- Retail / Sales
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Attend regular Board Meetings, every other month. Board terms are for three years and can be renewed for second term of three years.
- In search of, but not limited to Marketing, Retail & Sales and Development Professionals. Preferable, knowledge of Fair Trade.