Parent Support Group Facilitator (Framingham)
Parents Helping Parents: Empowering parents to nurture children and build stronger families
Parents Helping Parents runs a network of support groups for parents who want to improve relationships with their children. Parents come to our support groups seeking encouragement and feedback on parenting-related issues. Shared leadership, trust, respect, responsibility, and positive parenting are key components of our support groups. Our groups provided a safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment for creating positive and caring peer relationships. Our approach is preventative; once the emotional support of the parent has been strengthened, a parent is better able to actively guide and nurture the family.
We need a volunteer (YOU!) to act as a group facilitator for a parent support group in the Framingham Area. As a facilitator, you will be maintaining the safe, supportive, and non-judgmental environment which characterizes our support groups.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of stressors within a family that could potentially trigger child abuse and/or neglect
- Have previous experience working with parents and families
- 14 hours of training held in our main office in Watertown, MA accompanied by an online portion.
- 1 year commitment; weekly group Thursdays 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Willingness to collect and submit Quarterly Report and Annual Report data.
We'll work with your schedule.
Wayside Youth & Family Support Network88 Lincoln StreetFramingham, MA 01702
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 14 hours of training held in our main office in Watertown, MA accompanied by an online portion. 1 year commitment; weekly group Thursdays 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Next training scheduled for June 29, 2019 from 9:00-5:00 p.m.