Lunch Service Volunteer - JASA Brighton Beach Senior Center
9 people are interested
Help to ensure seniors are receiving warm, nutritious meals in a timely, orderly manner by assisting with set-up, serving and clean-up for weekday lunches.
- Set tables before lunch
- Prepare & serve plates of food to seniors
- Clean up tables
- Communicate effectively and courteously with JASA seniors and staff
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Friendly personality
- Ability to stand on feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 5 pounds and push a cart
- Interest in nutrition
- Knowledge of Russian is helpful, but not required
- Minimum commitment of one day a week
- Ongoing opportunity
- Maintain professional behavior at all times and adhere to JASA’s volunteer policies
Founded in 1968, JASA's mission is to sustain and enrich the lives of the aging in the New York metropolitan area so that they can remain in the community with dignity and autonomy. JASA is one of New York's largest and most trusted agencies serving older adults in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens.
We'll work with your schedule.
60 West End AveBrooklyn, NY 11235
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- once a week on a weekday from 11:30am-1:30pm