Foundation on Aging Board Member
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Your experience matters. And if you're ready to put that experience, your time and your energy to use on behalf of older adults, the Riverside County Foundation on Aging wants you to consider becoming a member of the Foundation's Board of Directors.
The Foundation on Aging is a 501c3 nonprofit charitable foundation. Since 2004, the Foundation has worked to raise awareness of the needs of seniors in Riverside County, and to raise funds to help fill the gaps created by decreasing public funding of services for the elderly. The Foundation supports and furthers the programs of the Riverside County Office on Aging, and new and innovative programs that sustain and enhance the quality of life of older adults.
The Foundation provides the ideal vehicle for private citizens, businesses and philanthropic organizations to respond to the diverse needs of older adults, and to make a significant difference in the lives of Riverside County seniors.
Current Foundation funding supports the following programs:
- A fund to avoid utility service disruption
- Farmer's Market vouchers to improve the nutrition of mobile elderly; and gap funding for home delivery meals for seniors pending acceptance on County meal delivery programs
- Bus passes and other transportation system subsidies
- Caregiver training, education and appreciation programs
- Support for the County's Grandparents Raising Grandchildren program
- An annual Holiday Market Gift Card Program also supported by the Riverside County Board of Supervisors; and an annual Holiday Gift Drive organized by the Riverside County Office on Aging The Foundation is seeking to increase the Board of Directors with a few individuals with knowledge, experience, abilities and interest in areas including marketing, public relations, fundraising, health care, legal and financial professions, technology and with the County's diverse family/elderly populations and geographic areas of Riverside County. The Board meets monthly in Riverside.
About Riverside County- RSVP and Volunteer Connect Volunteer Programs
44-199 Monroe St., Suite B, Indio, CA 92201, US
Enhance the lives of individuals through volunteer service to their community.
Are you looking to Volunteer? Interested in helping your community? If yes, send us a messege and let us find the perfect opportunity for you to volunteer.
Recruit, support, recognize and place teenagers, young adults and adults aged 55 years old and over in volunteer positions where their time, talent and experience can best benefit the community.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for your local community. To better assist you in volunteering, can you please fill out this brief application.
Volunteer Site is inIndio, CA 92201
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18