16 people are interested
Museum Volunteer Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: The West End Museum
Please visit the new page to apply.
16 people are interested
The West End Museum is a neighborhood museum dedicated to the collection, preservation and interpretation of the history and culture of the West End of Boston. We are seeking a self starter with good interpersonal skills for the position of Volunteer Coordinator. You will be helping to staff the Museum's various committees with competent volunteers and introduce them to the exciting world of neighborhood history: exhibit design, tour guides, research, program planning, nonprofit administration, facility management, archiving, etc.
Time Commitment: The position does not involve a significant number of hours but as volunteers are the lifeblood of unique organizations like the West End Museum, it is a focused and result driven commitment.
- Hours range from 2-5 hours a week.
- Communicate with staff & committee chairs
- Identifies personnel needs of each committee
- Identifies roles and skill needed
- Identifies commitment hours
- Writes/edits job descriptions and role statements for postings
- Posts volunteer positions in various online forums (Craigslist, VolunteerMatch, Idealist, etc.)
- Processes volunteers (contacts volunteer candidates, completes volunteer commitment forms and contact info, logs volunteer hours, etc.)
- Sets up candidate interviews with committee chairs
- Deals with volunteer issues (volunteer hour logs, tardiness & absenteeism, substitutions, etc.)
- Must be a people person and have good interpersonal skills
- Must be a detail person
- Decent writing skills
- Good phone skills
- A basic understanding of database management of volunteers
About The West End Museum
150 Staniford St., (Entrance on Lomasney Way), Boston, MA 02114, US
The West End Museum is a neighborhood museum dedicated to the collection, preservation, and interpretation of the history and culture of the West End of Boston. The Museum acknowledges its role as and educational institution and a trustee of significant material culture. The West End Museum fulfills its mission by providing exhibits to the public and access to its collections for research, and serving as a resource to the West End neighborhood for historical and cultural interests. It involves the public in its mission through outreach programming, neighborhood events, and educational programming, thereby increasing and sustaining the public's appreciation of an important American urban neighborhood from the 17th century to the present time.
About the West End Museum:
We are a Boston neighborhood museum looking for people who are interested in the history and culture of the City of Boston, its immigrant era, and urban renewal. The Museum is a 501(c)3 charitable non-profit organization run entirely by volunteers and dedicated to the collection, preservation, and interpretation of the history and culture of the West End of Boston.
You can expect to find a casual workplace of friendly volunteers who are welcoming and eager to engage with the public. A previous knowledge of the neighborhood is not required, but an appreciation of its historical significance is helpful.
The Museum is conveniently located close to the MBTA Science Park/West End Station and North Station. Bowdoin Station is about a 10-minute walk.
Visit www.thewestendmuseum.org for more information.
150 Staniford St.(Entrance on Lomasney Way)Boston, MA 02114
January 12, 2023
- Human Resources Recruitment
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Orientation or Training