SCORE Southwest Florida Chapter Officers Search
The SCORE Southwest Florida Chapter of SCORE (www.southwestflorida.score.org) is conducting a search for Officer candidates (Chair/Vice-Chair or Co-Chairs, Recording Secretary, Treasurer) to lead our non-profit organization now or in the near-future. SCORE SWFL is the Lee/Hendry County based chapter of the national SCORE Association which provides free, confidential business mentoring and no/low cost business education programs to small business owners. This is a non-paid volunteer position.
Chapter Chair/Vice-Chair or Co-Chairs Responsibilities:
This is an ideal community service opportunity for candidates who wish to serve the small business community in high profile positions.
- Lead, oversee 35+ local volunteers and Executive Committee (EC) which performs both strategic innovation, tactical operations & community/market development functions of the Chapter in accordance with National SCORE Vision, Mission, Policies and Operating Guidelines.
- In collaboration with the EC, establishes and leads implementation of Chapter Chapter Business Plan/Budget to achieve goals; monitors performance metrics
- Represents Chapter at National/Regional Leadership Meetings
- Develops and maintains Chapter Leadership Team (Officers, Standing Committees and Ad Hoc Project Teams)
- Record, edit & publish Monthly Executive Committee Meeting Minutes and report highlights at Member Monthly Meetings
- Assists other Chapter Officers & Executive Committee in performance of duties or special projects at the discretion of the Chair.
- Maintains record of all financial transactions; submits Monthly Treasurer's Report to Chair
- Accounts for money, property and in-kind gifts to Chapter; keeps records and ensures financial reports are filed
- Annually prepares and submits the Chapter Annual Report to the Chair for signature
- Assists other Chapter Officers and Executive Committee in performance of duties or special projects at the discretion of the Chair
We'll work with your schedule.
3650 Colonial Blvd., Suite 231Fort Myers, FL 33966
- Executive Admin
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible - Each Chapter officer typically commits 20 to 50 hours/month.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills to operate effectively as an all volunteer chapter of a National non-profit.