1 person is interested
* Lead instruction and effectively maintain an exciting, engaging and accessible classroom environment,
* Manage and assess students’ progress in and proficiency of hard and soft computer science skills (includes administering program evaluations to assess student’s understanding),
* Manage 1 Teaching Assistant (TA) who serves as support in classroom management, lesson delivery, logistical tasks, equipment management, etc,
* Effectively address students’ challenges and questions to ensure that all students are engaged and demonstrating understanding of course material,
* Communicate regularly and effectively with Project New Yorker’s staff throughout the duration of the program, and
* Counsel students, as needed or requested, with maturity and appropriate discretion.
* BA or BS in computer science or related field',
* Demonstrated experience in managing a classroom of fifteen adult immigrants,
* Effectiveness and patience in guiding classroom activities, keeping discussions on task and thinking quickly/creatively in the face of unexpected questions or comments,
* Ability to adapt to various learning styles and respect for individual differences of students in the classroom,
* Excellent time management and organizational skills,
* Timeliness and dependability in attendance throughout the program, including all teacher training sessions prior to program start and post-program reporting requirements.
* Fluent in speaking Bengali, Hindi, Urdu, or Spanish languages are highly preferred but not required, and
* Must be able to commute to either one of the location: Jamaica, Queens or East New York/City Line, Brooklyn.
164-13 Hillside AvenueJamaicaQueens, NY 11432
- Website Programming
- Web Design
- Software Development
- Must be able to commit for 12- weeks. Class will run for 2 days /week. Time: TBD