Instructors for Mentoring 4 Impact Program - NY Metro Area
4 people are interested
Volunteer Position description:
Help us to make the greatest impact for first-generation college students. Collaborate and instruct the Mentoring 4 Impact (M4I) Pilot program. Image Impact International's (III) M4I Instructor works collaboratively and in conjunction with III's VP of Education and M4I Program Chair and their designates to ensure and enhance the organizational excellence of III's Mentoring 4 Impact programs by:
- Establishing benchmarks, lesson activities, and resources needed to achieve the program's strategic goals for the week.
- Using M4I programming expectations established within PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Dropbox.
- Recommending improvements within the M4I program and its teams as necessary.
- Organizing and helping teams follow through standards for accountability and measurements of success.
- Collaborate with VP Education, Mentoring Chair, Mentoring Co-Chair, Project Manager, host college, and Committee to ensure relevance in programming.
- Identify learning goals, resources, equipment, facility needs, and operational planning priorities.
- Align curriculum with the planning.
- Align instruction with learning goals and assessments.
- Develop comprehensive course syllabi, including policies and class schedule.
- Complete curriculum projects working together with the VP of Education.
- Utilize lesson planning practices.
- Participates in committee meetings and participates in other activities established by III.
- Establish a safe and respectful learning environment.
- Maintain an organizational commitment that aligns to the mission, vision, values, and strategic vision of III.
- Participates in and contributes to curriculum development by planning, developing, and evaluating new and existing courses and curriculum.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other instructors, support staff and III leadership.
- Maintain positive relations with student/mentees and various college/university administrators
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Provide direct candid feedback on various levels in order to continually improve the program.
- Provide comprehensive rubrics for all assessments.
- Master’s degree preferred but not a requirement.
- Has two years of recent, related work experience in the occupational area.
- Able to plan, organize, instruct, and facilitate quality educational programs.
- Has teaching or training experience can be within a business setting, as a trainer or mentor.
- Attend III Instructors’ training and Disability Etiquette training.
- Pass a background check.
- This is a 2-year volunteer commitment.
- Provide two references
- Time Commitment: approx. 20 virtual hours per session taught; which may include evenings and weekends.
- Will also require approximately 4 hours for the teaching of each workshop session
- Please submit the following documents for consideration:
- Resume or CV
- Bio of 100-300 words using III Bio Guidelines
- Candidates may submit materials electronically via Word or PDF to email@example.com.
ABOUT IMAGE IMPACT INTERNATIONAL
Image Impact International, Inc. (III) is a global Non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Our volunteer base is centered in the U.S. and New York Metro Area, as well as Canada. Our mission is to mentor first-generation students to remain in college. Through our college to career bridge programs, we provide the leadership, communication, and professional skills needed for workplace success.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact VP-Human Resources Marisol Rosero-Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About IMAGE IMPACT INTERNATIONAL
474 W 238TH ST APT 6I, BRONX, NY 10463, US
To empower first generation college students to successfully transition into the workforce by equipping them with leadership, presentation, and communication skills.
Image Impact International is a 501(c)3 Non-profit. The values of our global team are leadership, professional growth through education, access, and opportunity. We are impacting first generations for success through five exciting programs:
- College 2 Career 2 Community Impact
- Mentoring Leaders 4 Impact
- Civility 4 Impact - Global Civility Awareness Month and Civility YOUniversity(tm)
- Disability 4 Impact - Disability + S.T.Y.L.E. and Image + Disability Book Project
- Training 4 Impact
We'll work with your schedule.
474 West 238th Street No. 61Bronx, NY 10463
- Teaching / Instruction
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- • Time Commitment: approx. 20 virtual hours per session taught; which may include evenings and weekends. • Will also require approximately 4 hours for the teaching of each workshop session