Mentors for Mentoring 4 Impact program
6 people are interested
Volunteer Position description:
Help us to make the greatest impact for first-generation college students. Collaborate and mentor the Mentoring 4 Impact (M4I) Pilot program. Image Impact International's (III) M4I Mentor works collaboratively and in conjunction with III's M4I Program Chair, VP of Education, host college, and their designates to ensure and enhance the organizational excellence of III's M4I. The Mentor is paired with a protege of similar professional interest. The Mentor will:
- Maintain contact with protege throughout the course of the M4I program.
- Spend time weekly week engaged in a mutually agreed-upon activity and or conversation with protege.
- Organizing communications and help protege follow through standards for accountability and measurements of success related to resume building and interview strategies.
- Maintain an organizational commitment that aligns to the mission, vision, values, and strategic vision of III.
- Maintain full knowledge of all curriculum activities of their protégés.
- Be able to commit to spending one year in a relationship with a student.
- Spend at least 6-8 hours a month engaged in a mutually agreed-upon activity with their protégés.
- Communicate with protégé weekly.
- Honor all commitments made to the protégé and III mentoring programs.
- Be comfortable and able to establish appropriate boundaries with the protege and his or her family.
- Help the protégé develop a milestone plan.
- Check-in with III Mentoring Chair or/and Co-Chair weekly.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with other instructors, support staff and III leadership.
- Report any problematic issues as soon as they arise.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Exhibit a genuine concern for First-Generation College Students.
- Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- Has two years of recent, related work experience in the occupational area.
- Attend III Mentors’ training and Disability Etiquette training.
- Pass a background check.
- Provide two references.
- This is a 2-year volunteer commitment.
- Time Commitment: Minimum of 6-8 virtual hours per month; which may include evenings and weekends.
- Please submit the following documents for consideration:
- Resume or CV
- Bio of 100-300 words using III Bio Guidelines.
- Candidates may submit materials electronically via Word or PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT IMAGE IMPACT INTERNATIONAL
Image Impact International, Inc. (III) is a global Non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Our volunteer base is centered in the U.S. and New York Metro Area, as well as Canada. Our mission is to mentor first-generation students to remain in college. Through our college to career bridge programs, we provide the leadership, communication, and professional skills needed for workplace success.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact VP-Human Resources Marisol Rosero-Allen at email@example.com.
About IMAGE IMPACT INTERNATIONAL
474 W 238TH ST APT 6I, BRONX, NY 10463, US
To empower first generation college students to successfully transition into the workforce by equipping them with leadership, presentation, and communication skills.
Image Impact International is a 501(c)3 Non-profit. The values of our global team are leadership, professional growth through education, access, and opportunity. We are impacting first generations for success through five exciting programs:
- College 2 Career 2 Community Impact
- Mentoring Leaders 4 Impact
- Civility 4 Impact - Global Civility Awareness Month and Civility YOUniversity(tm)
- Disability 4 Impact - Disability + S.T.Y.L.E. and Image + Disability Book Project
- Training 4 Impact
We'll work with your schedule.
474 West 238th Street No. 61Bronx, NY 10463
- Teaching / Instruction
- Professional Development
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Public Speaking
- Must be at least 18
- 6-8 virtual hours per month