- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Looking for a way to help your community?
Thought about volunteering for Community Hospice?
We are specifically looking for volunteers to provide support to patients and families in their homes in Schenectady County. Serving as valued members of the hospice care team, volunteers enhance the patient and family experience by helping meet specific needs such as:
- Respite to allow the caregiver to run errands or take a much needed break;
- Decreased feelings of isolation by offering friendly visits for reminiscing, conversation or specifically requested activities like reading or listening to music;
- Assisting with light housekeeping, errands, laundry, etc. that the patient is no longer able to manage.
In order for you to determine whether volunteering with Community Hospice is a good fit for you, we offer informational meetings to discuss roles, expectations, and answer questions.
The Next Volunteer Training will be held:
The Community Hospice
445 New Karner Road
Albany, NY 12205
June 3, 5, 10, 12
9:00 AM-4:00 PM each day
To set-up an informational meeting, please contact Caryn Anatriello, Coordinator of Volunteers for Schenectady County at 518-724-0282 or email@example.com
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
The Community Hospice445 New Karner RoadAlbany, NY 12205
- Child Care
- Elder care
- Music Arts
- Administrative Support
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- one to three hours per week
- two continuing education sessions per year