Volunteer Teachers Needed
9 people are interested
We have a variety of volunteer teaching opportunities. We teach English in our ESOL program and offer basic and secondary education classes in our Adult Education program. Teachers are needed for both programs. ESOL teachers make a six month commitment of 3 hours weekly, and Adult Edu teachers are needed for up to 4 hours weekly for classes that run from 5 to 9 weeks. We have a monthly need for basic mathematics.
Center for Adult Learning serves more than 500 adult students each year. Students gain valuable skills to enable them to join the workforce, begin college, and become lifelong learners.
No previous experience is necessary.
- Volunteers work with small groups of learners (typically 4 - 8 students per group)
- Volunteers do not need to speak languages other than English
- ESOL volunteers are asked to make a six-month commitment (two hours, twice weekly)
- AdultEdu volunteers commitments vary from one-month basic math to 8 or 9 week GED Content classes
- Training and materials are provided free of charge
- Morning, afternoon and evening schedules are available
- Volunteers receive continual support through a TEAM TEACHING approach
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
303 N Laura StreetJacksonville, FL 32202
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- ESOL 3 hours weekly for up to 6 months at a time; Adult Edu teachers up to 6 hours weekly for one or two months, depending upon the subject.
- Seeking engaging, interactive instructors who love to see students succeed.