Volunteer Teachers Needed
28 people are interested
We have a variety of volunteer teaching opportunities. We teach English in our ESOL program and offer basic and secondary education classes in our Adult Education program. Teachers are needed for both programs. ESOL teachers make a six month commitment of 3 hours weekly, and Adult Edu teachers are needed for up to 4 hours weekly for classes that run from 5 to 9 weeks. We have a monthly need for basic mathematics.
Center for Adult Learning serves more than 500 adult students each year. Students gain valuable skills to enable them to join the workforce, begin college, and become lifelong learners.
No previous experience is necessary.
- Volunteers work with small groups of learners (typically 4 - 8 students per group)
- Volunteers do not need to speak languages other than English
- ESOL volunteers are asked to make a six-month commitment (two hours, twice weekly)
- AdultEdu volunteers commitments vary from one-month basic math to 8 or 9 week GED Content classes
- Training and materials are provided free of charge
- Morning, afternoon and evening schedules are available
- Volunteers receive continual support through a TEAM TEACHING approach
About Jacksonville Public Library Center for Adult Learning
303 N Laura Street, Conference Center, Jacksonville, FL 32202, US
The Jacksonville Public Library's mission is to enrich lives, build community, and foster success by bringing people, information, and ideas together.
The Center for Adult Learning offers a wide variety of adult education services geared to English language learners, adults with basic and secondary education needs, as well as adults who need instructional support as part of a career change. Volunteer teachers support our programming in ESOL, basic, and secondary education classes and academic coaching.
We'll work with your schedule.
Jacksonville Public LibraryCenter for Adult Learning303 N Laura StreetJacksonville, FL 32202
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Adult Education
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- ESOL 3 hours weekly for up to 6 months at a time; Adult Edu teachers up to 6 hours weekly for one or two months, depending upon the subject.
- Seeking engaging, interactive instructors who love to see students succeed.