Community Partnerships - Miami
American Red Cross - South Florida Region
The Disaster Services - Community Partnerships Chapter Coordinator performs Community Partner readiness and capacity building activities across all phases of DCS for the purpose of enabling effective service delivery for preparedness programs and during response and recovery operations.
Community Partnerships collaborate with other non-profits,community groups, faith-based, civic groups, and other community stakeholders to develop and implement strategies to engage in programs and service delivery across prepare, response and recover while adhering to the principles of the Red Cross.
This position is responsible for supporting and engaging the workers assigned to the team which includes:
- Providing supervision including ensuring assigned volunteers are engaged in regional activities by assigning tasks to complete function activities, regular and ongoing communication of opportunities, discussing level of involvement and development, providing timely feedback and coaching;
- On boarding volunteers to Disaster Cycle Services and the volunteer's chosen functional area;
- Provide training as required for the volunteer's functional area in collaboration with the Disaster Workforce Engagement Team;
- Receive recognition for successful completion of tasks; and in collaboration with Disaster Workforce Engagement Team for yearly region recognition;
- Provide evaluation of performance in completing assigned tasks and collaborating with Disaster Workforce Engagement Team for yearly evaluation and completion of volunteer's development plan
About American Red Cross - South Florida Region
1250 Northpoint Parkway, West Palm Beach, FL 33407, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.