6 people are interested
We have a very special volunteer opportunity to offer, that will help reduce senior adult isolation and loneliness.
We'll match you with a senior that will benefit from weekly visits and companionship. You will have an opportunity to build a meaningful rapport and make a difference in someone's life at the same time.
Listed below are some of the requirements of the program.
- Visit your assigned Senior on the same day at the same time each week.
- Provide "phone touches" to the Senior if assigned.
- Try to follow the assigned work uploaded on the website for each designated visit.
- Remember to do your surveys online.
- Encourage your senior to do their online surveys.
- Call the Visit A Bit Coordinator with any issues, concerns or question before and after each visit.
- Be a friend to your Senior and refer to your training manual if you have questions.
- Must be respectful, gentle, kind and non-judgmental.
We'll work with your schedule.
2029 Woodland Pkwy, Suite 105St. Louis, MO 63146
- Case Work / Management
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A weekly commitment of at least one year. We understand that you may miss a week, every once in a while.
- Volunteer Application Packet Driver's License Needed Background Check/copy of social security card Must be at least 18 Orientation/Training