6 people are interested
We have a very special volunteer opportunity to offer, that will help reduce senior adult isolation and loneliness.
We'll match you with a senior that will benefit from weekly visits and companionship. You will have an opportunity to build a meaningful rapport and make a difference in someone's life at the same time.
Listed below are some of the requirements of the program.
- Visit your assigned Senior on the same day at the same time each week.
- Provide "phone touches" to the Senior if assigned.
- Try to follow the assigned work uploaded on the website for each designated visit.
- Remember to do your surveys online.
- Encourage your senior to do their online surveys.
- Call the Visit A Bit Coordinator with any issues, concerns or question before and after each visit.
- Be a friend to your Senior and refer to your training manual if you have questions.
- Must be respectful, gentle, kind and non-judgmental.
About Visiting Nurse Association of Greater St. Louis
2029 Woodland Parkway Suite 105, St. Louis, MO 63146, US
VNA provides a coordinated continuum of care throughout one's life span, that promotes health, independence and dignity in the home and community. This is accomplished by Hospice care, palliative care (Advanced Illness Management) and VNA Home Care
VNA is a non profit organization and a member of the United Way with a certified volunteer program. Visiting Nurse Association seeks to improve the quality of life for those patients with a life limiting illness for whom the goal is comfort rather than cure thru their hospice division. VNA also provides palliative care -Advanced Illness Management to patients with difficulty leaving home due to serious chronic illness. VNA also provides Care at home through private duty services-VNA CAre at Home.
We'll work with your schedule.
2029 Woodland Pkwy, Suite 105St. Louis, MO 63146
- Case Work / Management
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- A weekly commitment of at least one year. We understand that you may miss a week, every once in a while.
- Volunteer Application Packet Driver's License Needed Background Check/copy of social security card Must be at least 18 Orientation/Training