Direct Patient Service Volunteer
2 people are interested
We are looking for compassionate, thoughtful volunteers with amazing listening skills to be supportive companions to the patients in our care and, in some cases, their family members as well.
- Required: Satisfactory completion of a volunteer training course on hospice philosophy, family dynamics, meeting patient needs, and patient confidentiality.
- Desired: Previous experience volunteer in a hospice or home health setting
- Gives comfort and emotional support to the patient and/or family by visiting, listening, and conversing, etc.
- May at times provide respite care to a family caregiver so that they may have their own time.
- May provide help with light housekeeping or preparing meals if a patient is still in their home.
- Willing to make bereavement visits for as long as appropriate, based on assessment of Bereavement Coordinator and the desire of family.
- Report on patient/family to hospice staff to inform our Plan of Care for the patient.
We'll work with your schedule.
3525 Bienville StreetNew Orleans, LA 70119
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Work
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We are very flexible to fit our service into your schedule. We are looking for people who can offer at least one hour per week or four hours per month.