Youth Education Team Member
Purpose: The Youth Education Volunteer serves on the Youth Education Committee which educates youth about the birds and the local ecology.
Meetings: The Youth Education Committee (YEC) meets from 7:00-8:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month (except August and December) in the basement of the Northlake Unitarian Universalist Church in Kirkland at 308 Fourth Avenue South.Key Support Activities:
- Host children’s booths and activities in a variety of venues
- Teach classes in various locations (schools, libraries, etc.)
- Help to plan and participate in bird walks
- Award college scholarships to deserving high school seniors
- Award scholarships for students to attend environmental summer camps
- Give grants to teachers for projects focused on science and the environment
- Attend school STEM functions to encourage students to enjoy and major in science
- Participate in helping students plan for college opportunities in science-related fields
- Contribute youth-education articles to the Corvid Crier
- Maintain partnerships with a variety of organizations
Qualifications: A genuine interest in helping children learn about birds and our local ecology
Time Commitment: The commitment depends on the time the volunteer has available.
Support and Training: Members work closely together and help new volunteers learn how to contribute to YEC activities in local communities.
We'll work with your schedule.
308 Fourth Avenue S.Kirkland, WA 98033
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per event