Are You a Compassionate Soul? Become a Moments Hospice Volunteer!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Moments Hospice is recruiting compassionate, enthusiastic people to serve our hospice patients. We tailor a volunteer role that fits your unique interests and availability. Possible options with our patients include:
- Spend time playing cards
- Go for an evening walk
- Share a conversation
- Play music
- Assist with writing a card for a friend
- Read from the newspaper or a favorite book
- Offer pet therapy
- Assist with filing, answering the phone, faxing, or scanning documents at our Golden Valley office
- Prepare mailings for bereaved families
- Help to design a website
As a Moments Volunteer, you set your own schedule, and we can work around your availability.
We have patients all over the Metro. Some live in their own homes, while others live in assisted living communities or nursing facilities. If you are interested in volunteering with administrative tasks, our office is in Golden Valley.
We are excited about your interest in becoming a part of our Volunteer team! Please apply via the link below and our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to arrange for a brief interview and get you started on an application. Following the application process, we will do your background screen, fingerprinting, and Tb testing, as mandated by the state, and get you scheduled for Volunteer orientation.
Please send your resume to Volunteer@momentshospice.com
If you have any questions, please reach out to Vance, our Volunteer Coordinator. He may be contacted at Vance.Andress@momentshospice.com or at 612-388-3547.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU!
Administrative support volunteers may be in our Golden Valley headquarters -- photocopying, filing, phoning to see that patients and families have the supplies they need, or may be at home, offering a phone call to a bereaved family member.
The rewards of Moments Hospice volunteer work may include:
- New appreciation for life in the present moment.
- Fulfillment of the desire to use the best of who you are.
- The satisfaction of increased meaning and purpose in your life.
- Joy that comes with connection to a community of love.
- A chance to "pay forward" what you or your loved ones may have received from others in times of loss.
- An opportunity to live out your faith or values.
About Moments Hospice
820 Lilac Drive No., Suite 210, Golden Valley, MN 55442, US
We aim to add value to patients and their families at the end-of-life, and assist them to create moments to remember.
Hospice is about living, about giving people access to what they need so they will have the best quality of life during a difficult time. Patients who choose hospice have made the decision, along with their families and doctors, to change cure goals for comfort goals. Hospice believes that through personalized services and a caring community, patients and their loved ones can obtain the necessary preparation for death so that it can be not merely a period of sorrow, but one which gives them deeper understanding of life.
We'll work with your schedule.
Patients Home or FacilitiesWaconia, MN 55387
- Administrative Support
- Animal Therapy
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- At least three hour a month. Weekly, Bi-Weekly or Monthly depending on patient need.