Opening Host Volunteer
2 people are interested
At 8:00pm, you open CHAP’s doors, welcome 10 homeless residents inside, invite them to take a hot shower, and chat with them about their day. There is no feeling quite like seeing the smiles on the guests’ faces as you help them escape a night on the street and offer them a warm place to sleep.
A typical evening:
- Unlock the doors and turn on the lights at 8:00pm
- Chat with homeless residents as they settle in for the night
- Leave at 10:00pm when the Overnight Host takes over
- Most volunteers host at least once a month for 2 hours.
- CHAP is very flexible, you may take a shift as often or as seldom as you wish
As an Opening Host you welcome CHAP’s guests to a pleasant night. You do not need any experience working with homeless people to start as an Opening Host tomorrow. Please send us your contact information at CHAP4claremont@gmail.com if you would like to serve as an Opening Host.
We'll work with your schedule.
Friends Meeting (Quaker)727 Harrison AveClaremontClaremont, CA 91711
- Must be at least 18