Plan & Coordinate our Kids' Environmental Education Program!
5 people are interested
About the Position:
We are looking for two volunteers to continue and grow our children's nature education program, KALE (Kids Actively Learning Environmentalism). We are looking for people who love working with kids, can think up creative and interactive nature lessons, and work well on a team.
- Plan and run short (45-60 minute) events for kids that include a lesson on a nature topic and a related activity;
- Continue a bi-weekly storytelling program geared towards children ages 0-6 (volunteer story-tellers needed too! see https://www.volunteermatch.org/results/opp_detail.jsp?oppid=3120891 for details);
- For the other two weeks of the month, this team will plan two events that reach a wider age range, such as programs for elementary-school-age students or families;
- Reach out to volunteers and other community partners to grow and enhance the program as a whole;
- Promote the youth programs in the community to engage a growing audience.
Desired Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working with kids
- Creative and energetic
- Comfortable conducting outreach
- Organized, responsible, and reliable
- Enthusiasm for the Sierra Club's mission
Our children's program is held on the 2nd and 4th Thursday mornings of each month from 10:30 - 11:15 AM at our Berkeley location. You'll also need to spend time planning and setting up for each event.
Send qualifications and one detailed idea for a children's nature lesson and activity to email@example.com.
We'll work with your schedule.
2530 San Pablo Ave. Suite IBerkeleyBerkeley, CA 94702
- Youth Services
- Child Care
- Environmental Education
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Our children's program is held on the 2nd and 4th Thursday mornings of each month from 10:30 - 11:15 AM at our Berkeley location.