Summer Volunteers Needed!
1 person is interested
You can get involved and help with excess food deliveries, without committing longterm to volunteering!
Want to volunteer over the summer? We are looking for volunteers to help us rescue food this summer! Help us keep food from going to waste by rescuing it from donors and delivering it to area agencies that serve the hungry, homeless, and at-risk populations! In 2018 our volunteers rescued 2.4 million pounds of food and we would love your help!
- Interacting with donor organizations
- Boxing and loading food donations into Table to Table van
- Transporting food to recipient organizations such as community pantries, shelters, preschools, etc.
- Unloading food
Most volunteer shifts start between 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM or 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM and run around 2 hours. Routes run Monday-Saturday. Contact email@example.com or 319-337-3400 more information.
840 South Capitol St.Iowa City, IA 52240
- Bus/Van Driving
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly shift or 1-2 shifts a month as a substitute