Hero Care Network Regional Caseworker - Service to the Armed Forces
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Come join the American Red Cross team’s, Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) Department!
Hero Care Network Regional Caseworkers are currently needed to ensure military families’ needs are met when faced with an emergency.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Support the Red Cross mission
- Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, names and other personal information in accordance with Red Cross policies
- Understand and apply SAF policies, procedures and protocols related to Red Cross client services
- Support the follow up process to include making follow-up calls to military members and/or families to determine if their needs are met
- Provide other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service
- Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, families and veterans
- Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy
- Successful American Red Cross background check
- Complete required national training and locally developed orientation
- Able to support Red Cross SAF mission; have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues
- Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross
- Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze and interpret information from clients, staff, and management
- Good computer skills to include use of internet search tools, intranet and Microsoft Office Suite, to include Outlook, word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet applications
- Effective interviewing skills and a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and friendly manners respectful of human dignity
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Willingness to gain knowledge of community resources
- Able to work with culturally diverse populations
Training is provided at no cost. Hero Care Network Caseworkers are asked to give a minimum 7 hours of service per week. The amount of time this position takes can vary based on current needs of military members and their families.
If interested you can apply by visiting, https://www.redcross.org/volunteer, scrolling down the page and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. You will be asked to create a username and password in Volunteer Connection, our volunteer portal. Just follow the directions to complete the application and background check. Be sure to have a photo ID (driver's license, passport, state issued ID) on hand, as you will have to upload a picture of it to your application.
If you have additional questions please feel free to contact, Becky Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at 614-395-3924 or at email@example.com.
We'll work with your schedule.
995 E. Broad StColumbus, OH 43205
- Customer Service
- Internet Research
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 7 hours a week - time commitment can vary with demand