Community Engagement Volunteer
Community Engagement Volunteers often serve as the face of Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest. This role offers a unique opportunity to participate in a variety of community events, help spread the word about Girls Inc.’s mission and vision, and engage the public in our programs and volunteer opportunities.
Duties may include:
- Staffing tables or booths at community fairs, festivals, or events.
- Picking up equipment from Girls Inc. prior to a scheduled event or tabling appointment and returning it afterwards.
- Sharing information about Girls Inc.’s programs and volunteer opportunities with the public.
- Encouraging people to engage with Girls Inc. (sign up for mailing lists, volunteer opportunities, etc).
- Assisting with event scheduling, communications, and promotion.
- Commitment to Girls Inc.’s mission of inspiring girls to be strong, smart and bold.
- Respectful of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Good customer service, positive attitude, and communication skills.
- Willingness to remain flexible to meet current needs as they arise.
- Ability to lift and move up to 10 lbs. of event supplies/equipment.
Importance of this Role:
Volunteers who fill this position represent Girls Inc. in the community and are essential to supporting our mission, raising awareness of our programs and engaging the public with our work. These volunteers are critical to Girls Inc’s continued growth and ability to serve more girls in the Pacific Northwest.Application Process:
You can apply to volunteer on our website ( https://jobs.workstream.is/girlsincpnw/d30cdac2?referer_source=http://www.girlsincpnw.org/apply), or reach out to Allie Cohen, Volunteer Engagement Coordinator directly at email@example.com .
We'll work with your schedule.
Multiple locations in Portland metro areaPortland, OR 97239
- People 55+