A year of service with Habitat AmeriCorps - ALASKA!
5 people are interested
As you serve full time for 10 ½ to 12 months, you will earn a monthly living allowance ranging from $900 - $2000 a month. Additional benefits if you qualify include: the Segal Education Award, Student Loan Forbearance, Paid Leave Time and Child Care Assistance.
Most members will begin service in August and September 2019.
What we do
Everyone deserves a decent place to live. Here at Habitat, we build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter. We believe in providing access to decent and affordable housing, partnering with future Habitat homeowners to create a place to call home.
What you will do
As a Habitat AmeriCorps member, you will be placed in one of our 100+ communities supported by our local Habitat offices. You will use your passion and commitment to service to meet the needs of our local Habitat offices by engaging communities, building capacity, and increasing productivity. There are many individualized roles to choose from, so finding one that utilizes your strengths and unique skillset should be pretty easy. We offer positions ranging from construction to volunteer management to project development.
Habitat AmeriCorps is designed to help deliver more services to families. As an AmeriCorps member, you could lead build activities, recruit and coordinate volunteers or perform community outreach. All the while, you will develop as a leader and professional through hands-on and non-profit experience, becoming a champion for safe, affordable housing.
- 18 years of age or older
- S. citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident
- Possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent (or agree to work towards one while serving)
- Positions terms range from 46 ½ weeks (direct service roles) to 52 weeks (indirect service roles)
- Living Allowance - $900 to $2,000 per month
- AmeriCorps Education Award - Upon successful completion of your AmeriCorps term, you will earn an AmeriCorps of $6,095 pre-tax
To APPLY for a position in your area, visit: www.Habitat.org/AmeriCorps
About Habitat for Humanity International - Atlanta, GA
270 Peachtree St. NW, Suite 1300, Atlanta, GA 30303, US
Habitat for Humanity International's vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Anchored by the conviction that housing provides a path out of poverty, since 1976 Habitat has helped more than 5 million people through home construction, rehabilitation and repairs and by increasing access to improved shelter through products and services. Habitat also advocates to improve access to decent and affordable shelter and offers a variety of housing support services that enable families with limited means to make needed improvements on their homes as their time and resources allow. As a nonprofit Christian housing organization, Habitat works in more than 70 countries and welcomes people of all races, religions and nationalities to partner in its mission.
Habitat for Humanity offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities both domestic and abroad. From our short-term Global Village and Collegiate Challenge trips to our long-term RV Care-A-Vanners and AmeriCorps programs there's something for everyone, so come volunteer with us!
- Global Village is your gateway to serving with Habitat for Humanity in more than 40 countries. You'll experience the country like a local, with the locals. For an updated list of current trips and locations visit our website and start your journey today!
- Collegiate Challenge is a one-week program offered year-round that’ll leave you and your friends with an incredible experience you'll never forget. All you need is five or more friends ages 16-25, then select a location you're interested in traveling to. No experience is needed, so grab five friends and sign up for a Collegiate Challenge trip today!
- If the open road calls to you, the RV Care-A-Vanners are for you. This volunteer program invites anyone who travels by recreational vehicle to make Habitat part of your journey, or even your destination!
- Through the AmeriCorps program, members who serve at Habitat for Humanity affiliates across the US bring unique knowledge, experience, and skill sets to help further our mission and goals. An AmeriCorps member helps at a local Habitat affiliate, providing direct or indirect service that creates lasting change and directly impacts families through a 10 to 12 month service opportunity.
We'll work with your schedule.
101 Main streetANCHORAGE, AK 99501
- Community Outreach