Nonprofit Summer Communications Intern
1 person is interested
YouthBuild Preparatory Academy is a non-profit organization that is looking for an intern to further and improve the its’ online presence on the web and social media platforms. This is a non-paid opportunity that will help interns gain real-world work experience in a social-sector environment. The internships positions are unpaid, but interns may arrange with their college to receive course credit (each department does things differently but there is usually some sort of internship proposal form. Talk to your department heads for more info). In exchange for their work interns will also gain valuable experience in a growing nonprofit and will receive a letter of recommendation at the end of their internship. Please attach cover letter with resume.
- Responsible for social media presence
- In charge of the developing YouthBuild’s blog
- Develop content for monthly enews blast
- Assist with general institutional visibility and community outreach
- Good writing skills are important
- Must be computer literate and experienced in using different social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc).
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite is necessary.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop will be useful
- Previous experience with WordPress or other CMS platforms is a plus.
66 Chaffee StreetProvidence, RI 02909
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Adult Education
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging