Alzheimer's Association Community Educator - North Shore
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Do you have a personal or professional connection to Alzheimer's disease and/or a passion to join in our vision of a world without Alzheimer's?
Community Educators are volunteer public speakers who help us raise awareness, provide education, and expand the reach of educational offerings in the community. As a community educator, you will work with libraries, senior centers, places of worship, etc. in the North Shore area (Evanston, Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, etc) to deliver Alzheimer's Association presentations using prepared training materials on topics related to Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. You will also share information about resources for individuals and families impacted by the disease. Sometimes these presentations are during the day, sometimes in the evening, and sometimes on the weekend--so volunteers with all types of availability are welcome!
You will receive all the training you need to be a successful member of our team, but we are looking for people with the following skills:
- Passionate about the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Comfortable with public speaking (groups can range from 10-50+).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with technology to be able to deliver presentations, to access and update information on a shared Google Drive, and to communicate via phone and email.
- Ability to network and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and community partners.
- Ability to follow instructions and program guidelines.
- Experience with dementia as a family member, friend, or professional is preferred but not required.
- Strong personal or professional network in the North Shore area is also a plus.
- Willing to deliver 12+ presentations per year or approximately one presentation per month.
Next steps: phone screening/interview followed by an initial 3-hour in-person training. This training is held at our Chicago office (8430 W Bryn Mawr Ave, Suite 800).
We'll work with your schedule.
Anywhere in the North Shore areaEvanston, IL 60201
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Community educators agree to at least one year delivering at least 10-12 presentations.