Staying Connected/Powerful Tools Facilitator
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association Washington State Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
We are looking for volunteers to co-facilitate 2 classes. Staying Connected and Powerful Tools for Caregivers. Free training is provided as well as all materials you would need.
- Staying Connected is a 4-week class for people with early-stage dementia and their care partners
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers is a 6-week class for family caregivers.
- Classes are generally held up to 4 times per year, for 90 minutes a week (time of day is flexible depending on participants needs)
- Must show up early to set up the room, and stay a few minutes after to answer questions and pack up materials. Virtual options and in person classes will be held in 2023.
About Alzheimer's Association Washington State Chapter
19031 33rd ave W, Suite 301, Lynnwood, WA 98036, US
The Alzheimer's Association leads the way to end Alzheimer's and all other dementia -- by accelerating global research, driving risk reduction and early detection, and maximizing quality care and support.
Serving 47 counties in Washington and North Idaho, the Alzheimer’s Association Washington State Chapter is the premier resource in the Pacific Northwest for people impacted by Alzheimer's disease and all other dementia. Through five local offices and a network of dedicated volunteers, our Chapter offers a broad range of care and support services, education and advocacy, as well as funding for Alzheimer’s and dementia research.
VariousYakima, WA 98901
January 18, 2023
- Mental Health
- Group Facilitation
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 90 minutes a week when classes are held
- Experience leading groups of adults, working with elderly adults and or people who are living with dementia is recommended.