Boston: Seeking Dynamic, Professional, Female Leaders
9 people are interested
Are you a bright, motivated, self-starting professional woman who cares deeply about the needs of women and children in your community? Are you looking for an opportunity to truly make a difference?
WGIRLS has built a national network that brings together diverse professional women who share a desire to strengthen their communities via the support and empowerment of women and children. Through volunteerism and fundraising initiatives we create reverberating change in the lives and communities we serve.
We are seeking outstanding female leaders to launch WGIRLS chapters throughout the country. If you are eager to step into a dynamic leadership position, passionate about the work of the WGIRLS organization, and demonstrate the qualities outlined below, then we encourage you to apply.
Qualities of WGIRLS Leaders:
- Proven leadership skills
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience or 3 years of professional experience post graduate school
- A passion for service, volunteerism, and fundraising
- A desire to make a difference in the following areas:
- Support and volunteerism for economically disadvantaged women and children
- Support and volunteerism for domestic violence survivors
- Empowerment programming for young women
- Education in underserved communities
- Strong communication skills
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to effectively interact, cooperate, collaborate and manage conflicts with others in order to complete tasks and achieve shared goals
- Well-networked/connected in your city
Activities involved in starting a chapter:
- Recruit members
- Lead membership and board meetings
- Create partnerships with nonprofits
- Volunteer with partner nonprofits to further the WGIRLS mission
- Plan fundraising events for WGIRLS programming and nonprofit partners
- Promote the WGIRLS mission in your community
- Serve as a WGIRLS Ambassador to help spread the word to women in your area
Ready to apply?
Please fill out this questionnaire (at the link below) so we can learn more about you. If we feel you are a strong candidate, then we will contact you to take the next steps. Thank you for expressing an interest in bringing WGIRLS to your city!
We'll work with your schedule.
Downtown BostonBoston, MA 02108
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Must be at least 26
- 5 hours per week