Assistant to the President/CEO
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
The Exchange Diplomacy Internship provides students with insight and exposure into the realm of foreign affairs and diplomacy through several distinct engagement opportunities, including interaction with participants of the State Department's exclusive International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP).
This role is best suited to someone who is a self-starter. The individual in this position will assist the Global Ties Arizona President/CEO with her administrative functions and projects as assigned, including board member support, community engagement, and event planning.
The Exchange Diplomacy Internship provides Arizona students with insight and exposure into the realm of foreign affairs and diplomacy through several distinct engagement opportunities, including interaction with participants of the State Department's exclusive International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP).
The Exchange Diplomacy Internship is led by Global Ties Arizona in partnership with local and international like-minded organizations and educational institutions. Global Ties Arizona is a member of the World Affairs Council of America and Global Ties US.
The Exchange Diplomacy Internship provides a unique, interactive, and professional opportunity for current students or recent graduates. The internship offers dynamic insight into the world of professional and educational exchanges, nonprofit management, international affairs, political science, and public diplomacy.
Expectations of Exchange Diplomacy interns are as follows:
1. Gain valuable work experience by providing project support for the State Department’s International Visitor Leadership Program and other programs and events offered by Global Ties Arizona and its partner organizations.
2. Sample positions include Assistant to the President/CEO, Assistant to Program Officer, Marketing Assistant, Data & Research Assistant, and more as needed/available. Internships can be customized accordingly.
3. Sample daily tasks include developing innovative project proposals, executing delegation logistics, conducting data analysis, and providing meeting support. Additional tasks include event management assistance, social media marketing, and various administrative functions. Depending on skillsets and desired experience outcomes, special projects and tasks may be assigned.
4. Opportunities for growth include job shadowing in your sector of choice, informational interviews with key community members, special event attendance, skillset training, and more as available.
5. Most suitable for current undergraduate or graduate students with an interest in foreign relations, international business, nonprofit management, marketing, and political science.
6. Part-Time (20 hours per week) and Full-Time (35+ hours per week) are available on a semester or year basis. Position may be eligible for internship credit requirements at your educational institution.
About Global Ties Arizona
Experience variously themed State Department delegations from across the world, right here in Arizona!
Global Ties Arizona is the local contracting arm for State Department's International Visitor Leadership Program. Every year, Global Ties Arizona hosts approximately 40 variously themed projects and 350-400 international leaders from across the globe. Topics range from global security, human rights, technology, and so much more!
7525 E. Camelback Rd.102Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- Event Design & Planning
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 19
- 20 - 35 hours per week
- To apply, please visit: https://globaltiesarizona.org/young-professionals/ and click on "Exchange Diplomacy Internship."