Poppy Life Care is a United States non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that is determined to educate and empower children and their parents living with children’s health issues related to spectrum disorders, development disorders, ADHD, anxiety and depression. Our goal is to facilitate awareness and education while building innovative care programs, which we hope to accomplish alongside our local communities, its businesses and people. We believe in helping each other as part of an ecosystem of local business, healthcare groups, academic institutions and professionals alike.
"Empowering the Next Generation"
Not only are we passionate about what we do, but WHY we do it, which is to help children and their families that are living with spectrum disorders, ADHD, anxiety, depression and more. We want to do our part in changing their quality of life for the better.
We believe that we can make a real impact on children's health by implementing unique care programs that include an interdisciplinary approach to education, treatment and therapies. We also believe that care, education, and support for children and their families should be easily accessible.
We are very passionate about what we are doing and looking for people that want to help make a positive impact in our communities!
More About the Company:
At Poppy Life Care we care about people and strive to create environments that empower people and ideas.
We are paving the way to education and care programs and looking for candidates that want to join us in making a difference! Candidates should excel in fast paced environments, express a willingness to learn, be passionate about what they do and ideally have a strong background in education, business, non-profits, or startups. We are rapidly growing and have unique opportunities available.
Check us out at www.poppylifecare.org
This is an excellent opportunity for working professionals and recent graduates who have completed their degree and are seeking to gain real world experience, or for anyone looking to make a difference in children’s lives. Impact the lives of families in a positive way by showcasing your expertise during our local events.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following projects that support Poppy Life Care efforts:
- Subject matter expert (SME) advisor to Poppy Life Care.
- Liaison with community organizations and businesses to promote Poppy Life Care’s mission, developing community service, raising funds and awareness wherever possible.
- Educating parents, guardians, and community members on various therapeutic modalities as it relates to Autism, ADHD, Anxiety and Depression.
- Provide wellness advice to patients, program participants, and caregivers.
- Advise communities or institutions regarding well-being or safety issues.
Experience working with volunteers (i.e. community groups, churches, persons of disabilities, students) is helpful. Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
Time Commitment Minimum:
Flexible, 1 - 4 hours per week. Hours may be scheduled during normal business hours (Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Occasional on-site weekend event support may be required. Applicants able to schedule the maximum hours/duration typically gain more in-depth experience.
Benefits Available to Volunteer:
Although this is an unpaid volunteering opportunity that does not lead to employment or includes employee benefits, this opportunity offers:
- Opportunity to be selected to Provider Advisory Board
- Learn about startup environments and non-profit organizations
- Provide significant strategic and creative contributions toward fulfillment of mission and values of Poppy Life Care.
- Build your resume with unique startup experience and social media/marketing strategies
PLUS have fun learning - there is so much opportunity!
We'll work with your schedule.
4590 MacArthur BlvdNewport Beach, CA 92660
- Family Therapy
- Mental Health
- Child Development
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Background Check
- 1-4 hours/week