Maine Senior Games: Project Assistant
2 people are interested
Agency/Organization: Southern Maine Agency on Aging
Maine Senior Games Mission: The Mission of the Maine Senior Games is to provide athletic events and wellness opportunities to improve the health and fitness of those 45 and over.
What specific tasks will the volunteer(s) perform?
- Recruit volunteers for each of the events as needed
- Train volunteers with manager of MSG (no more than twice a year)
- Collect and submit hours for the volunteers monthly to RSVP
- Submit information about the upcoming events to various media outlets and sport specific websites
- Help load and unload the MSG van before each event
- Willing to attend at least two MSG events
- Attend MSG Advisory Board meetings (5-6 times a year)
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by the MSG Manager
Qualities, experience & skills needed by the volunteers: The Volunteer Project Assistant for the Maine Senior Games needs to be self-directed, organized, easy to get along with and able to lift 15-20 pounds. Basic computer skills are necessary and a willingness to learn the on-line registration program.
About SOUTHERN MAINE AGENCY ON AGING
136 U.S. Route One, Scarborough, ME 04074, US
The Southern Maine Agency on Aging’s mission is to improve the quality of life for older adults, adults with disabilities, and the people who care for them.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
Southern Maine Agency on Aging Volunteer Services provides opportunities to make a difference in the community through volunteer service. Volunteers contribute anywhere from a few to over forty hours a week, serving through schools, meals on wheels, hospitals and other nonprofit and public organizations to help meet critical community needs. We offer maximum flexibility and choice to our volunteers. RSVP matches the personal interests and skills of the over age 55 volunteer to opportunities in selected imapct service areas to help solve community problems. RSVP volunteers receive supplemental insurance while on duty, and on-the-job training from the agency or organization where they are placed.
We'll work with your schedule.
136 U.S. Route OneScarborough, ME 04074
- Inventory Management
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Outdoor Recreation
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 8-10 hours per week on a mutually agreed schedule (May-Oct)