Gallery Assistant Team
The Riverside Arts Center is looking to build a Gallery Assistant Team to assist will all aspects of producing art shows. They will work together, under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, to help the Riverside Arts Center produce the highest quality art shows possible.
- Research artists based on themes of upcoming art shows and prepare presentations of their work for the Program Manager to review.
- Contact and maintain solid communication selected artists before and during the duration of the exhibits.
- Help with intake/drop off of artwork for exhibitions.
- Learn gallery procedures specific to Riverside Art Center’s facilities.
- Hang artwork.
- Help prepare for exhibition receptions.
- Attend and help host exhibition receptions.
- Staff gallery hours on a weekly basis as a docent.
- Learn gallery procedures for sales of artwork.
- Gallery maintenance.
- Transform underutilized spaces in Riverside Art Center into operational exhibition spaces.
- Install/de-install exhibitions at off site spaces.
- Other related duties as need be.
- A mind overflowing with creativity.
- A community-oriented, teamwork attitude.
- A respectful and playful demeanor.
- Punctuality, reliability and impeccable follow through.
- Simultaneously detail oriented and able to see bigger pictures.
- Emotionally managed.
- Exhibition Arts
- Social Media / Blogging
- Visual Arts
- Retail / Sales
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18