American Red Cross
Your help is needed! COVID-19 has temporarily disrupted normal life in many communities, but the need for blood hasn’t changed. Volunteers are needed to help deliver lifesaving blood to hospitals in your community!
Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood. As a volunteer transportation specialist, you can make sure blood is available for patients in need.
View this video to learn more about the position: https://youtu.be/X-hTsLecWDk
* Transport lifesaving blood from the American Red Cross Blood Donation Center to area hospitals.
* Gain valuable training/experience while providing an invaluable service to the community.
* Morning and evening routes are available. Some routes are 3 hours and some routes are 6 hours; Most volunteers drive at least twice a month.
* Use of Red Cross owned and branded vehicles for routes.
* All training is provided free of charge, including CPR/First Aid
* Defensive Driving Aid training for qualified volunteers.
* Valid state driver’s license
* 3+ years licensed driving experience with clean record
* Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds
Note: Several enhanced protocols have been implemented in the interest of the safety of the blood supply, recipients, other donors, staff, volunteers and general public health.
Learn more and apply online at: redcross.org/deliver
About American Red Cross
2425 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28203, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.