30 people are interested
Volunteer Drivers Needed
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross
Please visit the new page to apply.
30 people are interested
Blood Transportation Specialists literally SAVE LIVES with every shift you volunteer!
The Red Cross Transportation Specialists play a very important role in ensuring an ample blood supply for patients in need is available. A Transportation Specialist is a specially selected and trained volunteer who transports blood and blood products to hospitals for patient use as well as delivering them to the Red Cross offices for processing.
* Transport lifesaving blood from the American Red Cross Blood Donation Center to area hospitals.
* Gain valuable training/experience while providing an invaluable service to the community.
* Morning and evening routes are available. Some routes are 3 hours and some routes are 6 hours; Most volunteers drive at least twice a month.
* Use of Red Cross owned and branded vehicles for routes.
* All training is provided free of charge, including CPR/First Aid
* Defensive Driving Aid training for qualified volunteers.
* Valid state driver’s license
* 3+ years licensed driving experience with clean record
* Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds
Learn more and apply online at: redcross.org/deliver
About American Red Cross
2425 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28203, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
2425 Park RoadCharlotte, NC 28203
April 25, 2022
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Most drivers drive twice a month.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 45 lbs. Valid state driver's license with 3 year's licensed driving experience. Must live within driving distance of the Red Cross Blood Center in Charlotte, NC.