2019 Gatsby Gala - Silent Auction Committee Member
The Silent Auction for the Gatsby Gala is an important part of our revenue. The Silent Auction Committee is responsible for securing auction and raffle items for the event and then ensuring that they are collected, documented and then displayed the evening of the event.
The ideal candidate for serving on this sub-committee will be friendly and outgoing and demonstrate a willingness to solicit businesses and individuals for auction/raffle items for the event. They will need to have a pleasant and professional phone demeanor and will be comfortable communicating specifics about the event and have great organizational skills.
- Attend regular sub-committee and full committee meetings
- Identify individuals, retailers and corporations willing to donate silent auction items (e.g. Experiences, services, packages, merchandise)
- Solicit individuals, retailers and business willing to donate items to the silent auction.
- Submit appropriate donation forms for solicited items and track all solicitations, along with contact information.
- Arrange pick-up and/or delivery of items prior to the event.
- Communicate updates to NMSS.
- Assist with the silent auction set up on event day.
- Assist with promoting ticket & tables sales.
We'll work with your schedule.
4601 Charlotte Park Dr.Suite 100Charlotte, NC 28217
- Public Relations
- Customer Service
- Event Planning / Management
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Attend regular sub-committee meetings and/or full committee meetings. NOTE: Meeting dates are typically once a month on a Tuesday/Wednesday from 6:30PM to 7:30PM at our Charlotte Office. Meetings will occur more often when event gets closer.