Communities of HEALing Lead
7 people are interested
Suffolk County Project Heal is looking to bring an eating disorder peer-led support group to Long Island in 2020. In order to make this possible, we are seeking a Communities of HEALing Lead.
- Assisting with marketing and recruitment efforts
- Securing space for the weekly support group
- Maintaining sensitive documents (Confidentiality forms)
- Leading group discussions and creative a safe and supportive environment.
- Passion and enthusiasm for eating disorder and mental health advocacy
- Able to meet in either the Huntington or Stony Brook area once a month
- Strong work ethic and commitment to SCPH's development and success
We typically meet at coffee shops or at Panera once or twice a month based on group member availability. Meetings are offered both over the weekend and on weekday evenings.
Our ideal volunteer is passionate about mental health and their own personal and professional development. This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to form new friendships and give back to the local community.
We'll work with your schedule.
345 Main StreetHuntington, NY 11743
- Business Development
- Crisis Counseling
- Community Outreach
- Approximately 15-20 hours a month