3 people are interested
Be part of Columbus history! The Central Ohio Fire Museum and Learning Center (COFM) is looking for volunteers to join our team as Admissions/Tour Guides for our museum. We are located in downtown Columbus in restored Columbus Fire station #16, built in 1908. Volunteers will greet and interact with guests at the front desk and handle all cash register transactions. Volunteers will also give guided tours of the displays in the apparatus bay.
Supervised by staff, volunteer responsibilities will include:
- Opening and closing the cash register and museum building.
- Greeting all guests to the museum.
- Providing tours of the artifacts and displays in the apparatus bay. (training provided)
- Operating a cash register for admission and gift shop purposes. Using specific keys to track discounts and processing cash, checks or credit cards for admissions and purchases.
- Working with staff to compile reports on admissions and sales.
- Friendly, outgoing and interested in fire safety and history.
- Training will be provided on cash register operations and conducting tours.
- Be comfortable counting money and making change.
- Excellent customer service attitude and able to interact with guests of all ages from around the world.
- Volunteers need to be available to work Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Specific shifts can be arranged for volunteers.
- Able to function independently and take direction from staff and members of the board of directors.
- Teaching experience or Fire/EMS service is helpful
- Comfortable working with children.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
260 North Fourth StreetColumbus, OH 43215
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one (1) six hour shift per month.