Lodge Front Desk
3 people are interested
Canadian Cancer Society Lodges provide a supportive environment for people with cancer and their adult companions. The Lodges are located near cancer treatment centres in Vancouver, Kelowna, Victoria and Prince George.
As a volunteer at the Lodge you have an essential role in creating a home away from home for the clients and their families. You have a positive impact on the quality and enhancement of life for people affected by cancer. You assist and support lodge guests and staff through a variety of activities involving reception, tours and other front desk duties.
- Promotes a social and caring atmosphere in the lodge, focusing attention and time on lodge guests
- Greets & provides tours for (potential) lodge guests and visitors.
- Answers lodge phone, transfers calls, takes & relays messages
- Provides directions to treatment centres, public transportation, shopping etc.
- Does general tidying of common areas
- Promotes lodge & Canadian Cancer Society activities, & support services
- Other duties as assigned and under the direction of the lodge staff
- Play an integral role in the fight against cancer.
- Become confident in your understanding of cancer and the cancer cause along with the impact the Society has.
- Joining a team of enthusiastic and interesting people who share your passion for supporting people effected by cancer
- Volunteering for a respected National organization and increase knowledge of cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment & support services
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
- CCS Volunteer Orientation
- Support Program Orientation
- Lodge and Role specific training
- Ongoing updates and Support from Staff Partner in Volunteer Engagement
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Friendly and outgoing. Comfortable working with a wide variety of people
- Good communication skills with clear voice and polite telephone manner; Patient and outgoing.
About Canadian Cancer Society - BC&Yukon
565 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, V5Z3J5, CA
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national, community-based organization of volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer. Read more: http://www.cancer.ca/en/about-us/our-mission/?region=on#ixzz3EN0Udl4x
The Canadian Cancer Society was officially formed in 1938, but the seeds for the Society were planted back in 1929 when the Saskatchewan Medical Association formed the country’s first cancer committee.
Today, the Society is the largest national charitable funder of cancer research in Canada. The Society makes more impact, against more cancers, in more communities, than any other cancer charity in Canada.
With your help, we can change what it means to have cancer. In the future, we will be able to successfully treat it, better manage it or outright prevent it, so no Canadian has to fear this disease.
Help save the lives of those who mean the most to you by becoming a volunteer or a donor today.
We'll work with your schedule.
1450 West 12th Ave, Vancouver, BC V6H 1M9Vancouver, BC V6H 1M9Canada
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Minimum of 6 months