Lodge Wig Bank
Canadian Cancer Society Lodges provide a supportive environment for people with cancer and their adult companions. The Lodges are located near cancer treatment centres in Vancouver, Kelowna, Victoria and Prince George. The Wig & Breast Prosthetic bank in the Lodges provide a wide range of donated wigs, headwear, permanent prostheses and bras to cancer patients throughout BC and Yukon who have undergone surgery and cannot afford the cost of a wig or prosthesis.
You have a positive impact on the quality and enhancement of life for people affected by cancer. As a Wig & Breast Prosthetic Bank Volunteer you provide practical support to people living with cancer and contribute to their positive self-image.
- Provide personalized styling consultations, including follow-up resources as needed
- Coordinate cleaning, styling and organizing of Wig room supplies and displays
- Receive and acknowledge donations; hair/wigs, material, hats, jewelry etc.
- Work in partnership with Lodge volunteers to coordinate procedures and appointment bookings
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about CCS resources and support programs.
- Playing an integral role in the support of the mission, vision and values of the CCS.
- Joining a team of enthusiastic and interesting people who share your passion for supporting people effected by cancer
- Volunteering for a respected National organization and increase knowledge of cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment & support services
- Become confident in your understanding of cancer and the cancer cause along with the impact the Society has.
- Sharing and building expertise in aesthetics, health and beauty self-care
- Opportunity to further develop communication skills.
TRAINING AND SUPPORT
- CCS Volunteer Orientation
- Support Program Orientation
- Role specific training
- Ongoing updates and Support from Staff Partner in Volunteer Engagement
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A good listener and able to empathize without providing personal or medical advice
- Professional, discreet and non-judgmental
- Experience with hair care products and services, an asset
- Experience providing direct, one-on-one service and support, an asset
- Well organized and able to keep accurate records
- Promotes lodge & Canadian Cancer Society activities, & support services
- Other duties as assigned and under the direction of the lodge staff
We'll work with your schedule.
1450 West 12th Ave, Vancouver, BC V6H 1M9Vancouver, BC V6H 1M9Canada
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- LENGHT OF TIME Minimum of 6 months