Loveland Habitat for Humanity Fundraising Committee Member
Loveland Habitat for Humanity
The goal of the Loveland Habitat Fundraising Committee is to:
- Promote awareness of LHFH's mission to the Loveland community
- Create opportunities for outreach/introductions for "one-on-one's"
- Presentations to service clubs, book clubs, networking groups
- Informal coffee with friends to introduce Habitat
- Corporate partners, grantors
- Support annual fundraising efforts/events, including:
- Builder's Ball
- Women Build
- Other event(s) to be determined
Committee Member - responsibilities:
- Attend monthly meetings and contribute ideas to help further awareness of LHFH
- Support fundraising efforts financially and/or through volunteerism
- Interested (but not required) in volunteering at the construction site or ReStore from time to time
- Assist with event planning and execution
Ideal committee member background/experience we seek:
- Appreciative of our mission and values
- Well-connected in the Loveland Community
- Knowledge or experience in business, non-profit fundraising or event planning
- Strong interest in supporting LHFH financially and/or through volunteerism
The Fundraising Committee is currently made up of staff and volunteers and meets monthly, typically the 3rd Monday of the month.
All volunteers must live and/work in Loveland and pass criminal background check and sexual offender check.
About Loveland Habitat for Humanity
PO Box 56, Loveland, CO 80539, US
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Loveland Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Loveland Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit housing ministry that displays the care of Jesus Christ to people from all walks of life regardless of faith. We work with people in need, while striving to make affordable housing a matter of conscience throughout the Loveland area and around the world.
We work to provide a hand up, not a handout. Habitat volunteers build houses in partnership with low income families. The houses are then sold to the families at no profit and no interest.
To accomplish this, we raise money, recruit volunteers and work in partnership with low income people needing housing. We believe that by working at a local level, we can better use our resources and make an immediate difference in people’s lives.
We empower families to own their own home, and have income available for other basic needs. We help families build strength, stability and self reliance.