Hospice Volunteer Needed
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Comfort Choice Hospice Care is in search for compassionate volunteer to assist hospice patients. Volunteers will remain connected and engage with patients in home and or facilities. Our goal is to help keep patients comfortable and stress free. You can bring your caring flexible nature and good listening skills to support patients who are living with terminal illness. Volunteer assignments range from watching TV, art projects, photography, reading, scrapbooking, phone calls, listening to or playing music, local errands, light housekeeping, gardening, even creating a Lifebook for the patient to pass down to the family. Your visits to our patient will provide important emotional and social support.
If you are looking for a special, meaningful and unique volunteer opportunity than this is it for you! Hospice Volunteers make a memorable individualized bond with their patient/family. You will walk away from each visit deeply pleased knowing you made a difference. For people who are interested in learning more about the medical field, volunteering with hospice will make a great first start!
- Must have a cleared background check
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have some experience or in school in related field
- Must have reliable transportation
- Possibility to Hire Full-time or Part-time
- Letter of recommendation
- Certificate of excellence based on performance
- Certificate of Hospice Volunteer Training
- Awards based on performance
- Use as reference
If you feel you are qualified for this position and would like to set up an interview, please forward your resume or provide a brief description to:
We hope to hear from you soon!
We'll work with your schedule.
6222 Wilshire Blvd Ste 230Los Angeles, CA 90048
- Mental Health
- Massage Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training