5 people are interested
Board of Directors, Outreach Chair
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
The Outreach Chair on the Board of Directors is responsible for providing information on Chapter activities to members and the general public. The Willis Linn Jepson Chapter serves 107 members of the California Native Plant Society that reside in Solano County. The preferred candidate must reside in or near Solano County and be willing to become a member of the California Native Plant Society, a membership organization dedicated to the preservation of California native plants. The Outreach Chair serves under the direction of an all-volunteer Board of Directors. Tasks for Chapter Outreach Chair include:
- Report on Chapter events, hikes, programs and meetings to Chapter members and the Solano County community using website, emails, Facebook and media releases. The CNPS State office provides training in Word Press (for website) and Luminate (for emails);
- Use Solanovolunteers.org and Volunteermatch.org to recruit volunteers for staffing the Chapter table at outreach events, helping with semi-annual plant sales, and working at the Chapter nursery in Vallejo;
- Monitor sister organizations for activities of interest it our members; and
- Participate in quarterly board meetings held in Fairfield and on Zoom
About CALIFORNIA NATIVE PLANT SOCIETY - Willis Linn Jepson Chapter
PO Box 1091, Benicia, CA 94510, US
The mission of CNPS is to conserve California native plants and their natural habitats, and increase understanding, appreciation, and horticultural use of native plants. Our vision includes a future where: ... CNPS's leadership influences personal ethics and actions, as well as public policy for native plant protection.
The California Native Plant Society (CNPS) is a statewide non-profit organization of amateurs and professionals with a common interest in California's native plants. Our nearly 10,000 members work to promote native plant appreciation, research, education, and conservation through our five statewide programs and 34 regional chapters in California. The Willis Linn Jepson Chapter is an all-volunteer organization that serves Society members who reside in Solano County. The groups meets a minimum of twice a year and typically offers several hikes or tours throughout the year at destinations that feature native plants. The Chapter has fall and spring plant sales that feature native plants grown at the its nursery in Vallejo. Proceeds from these plant sales support native plant conservation activities in Solano County.
P.O Box 1091Benicia, CA 94510
November 23, 2022
- Website Project Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 100 to 150 hours annually. Website updated and emails distributed monthly, at schedule determined by the Outreach Chair.
- The volunteer can start by serving as Outreach Co-Chair while receiving training during the first several months by Board members.