Summer Development Intern *UNPAID*
2 people are interested
Our Department of Communications and Development is looking for self-starting Development Interns who are strong thinkers, writers, and listeners with excellent people skills. Chosen interns will form a team that possesses a combination of the skills outlined below.
The Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social services organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, and Latin America into the socio-economic and civic life of American society while maintaining pride in their cultural heritage.
- Studying Communications, Marketing, Design, Journalism, English, Writing, Social Justice, International Relations, Latin American Studies, Middle Eastern Studies, or related fields.
- Proficiency in Arabic, Bangla, Spanish, or other languages is a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following:
o Maintaining correspondence between CIANA and its donors, business partners, and elected officials
o Researching skills to research donors, business partners, and elected officials
o Relationship management with donors, business partners, and elected officials
o Event planning and group organizing
- Manage donor relations by ensuring donors, local partners, and elected officials receive regular, personalized communications
- Seek out opportunities to collaborate with local partners and elected officials; maintain a database of their interests in causes; assist in lobbying activities
- Engage in activism online and offline with other immigration organizations and coalition partners
- Assist in planning events for allies and donors
- Research potential grants in collaboration with grants intern based on current needs
- Create template grant proposals under the supervision of the Executive Director and the Director of Development and Communications
Hours: 12-20 hours per week
We'll work with your schedule.
31-09 Newtown AvenueSuite 411Astoria, NY 11102
- Event Planning / Management
- Donor Management
- Resource Development / Management
- 12-20 Hours per week