Summer Communications Intern *UNPAID*
2 people are interested
Our Department of Communications and Development is looking for Communications Interns who are creative and detail-oriented self-starters. Chosen interns will form a team that possesses a combination of the skills outlined below.
The Center for the Integration & Advancement of New Americans (CIANA) is a social services organization that works to integrate new immigrants from South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, and Latin America into the socio-economic and civic life of American society while maintaining pride in their cultural heritage.
- Studying Communications, Marketing, Design, Journalism, English, Writing, Social Justice, International Relations, Latin American Studies, Middle Eastern Studies, or related fields.
- Proficiency in Arabic, Bangla, Spanish, or other languages is a plus
- Experience in one or more of the following:
o Content creation for social media, blog posts, newsletters, and press briefings
o Creating graphics using Adobe Illustrator or Canva for online and paper material with a great sense of design and visuals
o Photo and/or video production
o Web coding and analytics
- Draft posts for social media feeds, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Research, pitch, and draft articles, such as CIANA Explains or Client Success Stories, for CIANA’s blog
- Assist the Director of Communications and Development with producing newsletters and other emails targeted at allies and partners
- Produce graphics and visuals to accompany online and paper materials
- Photograph and videotape CIANA events
- Develop media relations
- Pitch and develop promotion plan for Giving Tuesday and End-of-the-Year Fundraiser
- Begin creating content for Giving Tuesday and End-of-the-Year Fundraiser
- Pursue and develop business partnerships for Giving Tuesday and End-of-the-Year Fundraiser
Hours: 12-20 hours per week
We'll work with your schedule.
31-09 Newtown AvenueSuite 411New York City, NY 11102
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Resource Development / Management
- 12-20 Hours Per Week