DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Summa Wadsworth-Rittman Wayfinding Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: VANTAGE Aging RSVP
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Summary of Position: Volunteer will provide Service Excellence by assisting and/or escorting patients and guests through the hospital to their destination. Volunteers will be trained to identify proper patient information through existing tools to ensure patient/guests are being escorted/directed to the correct location in the hospital.
Nature and Scope:
All patients and guests must be greeted/acknowledged and offered assistance immediately upon entering the hospital and escorted to their specified location. Hospital guides serve as one of the first persons the patient/guest encounters upon entering the hospital and must be friendly, courteous and helpful in any means necessary. Hospital guides also must be aware of the entire hospital layout.
Wayfinding assignments may be available at information desks located in Founders Hall and main building at Summa Health - Wadsworth Rittman Campus.
- Must attend Volunteer Service Orientation
- Position specific training provided by experienced volunteers.
- Days: Monday thru Friday
- Time Slots: 4 hour shifts between 8am- 4pm; schedules will vary depending on department assignment
- Give verbal directions and/ or escort/ transport patients and guests via wheelchair to proper destination, as needed.
- Identify proper patient information through necessary means to ensure patient/guests are escorted/directed to the correct location in the hospital, if a staff member is not available (i.e computer programs, surgery schedules)
- Ensure wheelchairs are available in the area
- Be familiar with information provided at the desk
- Be aware of situations that may need reported to Protective Services
- Observe the waiting area for cleanliness and contact Environmental Services to request cleaning if needed
- Wipe the desk top and phones daily
- Assist staff with light clerical duties
- Other duties, as assigned
- Eating at the Information Desk is prohibited
- Be familiar with the information provided at the desk. Review the books and if you see outdated information please alert the Volunteer Services Department.
- Do not accept packages for employees or departments. Contact Terry in Administration or Protective Services
- Hospital Guides (Founders Hall) volunteers are not permitted to take patients to the Emergency Department. Contact Protective Services and indicate there is a patient that needs to go to Emergency. If the patient is in crisis contact the Emergency Department at 1103, give location and say you have an "RRT".
- Any volunteer who escorts a patient / visitor by wheelchair must be Wheelchair Certified prior to pushing patient / visitors. Volunteer Services will conduct the certification.
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must pass tuberculosis and immunization screening
- Ability to take instructions and communicate effectively with staff, patients and families
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms
- Ability to behave in a mature, positive manner and have a service-oriented attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly in English
- Ability to provide culturally competent and sensitive service for others
- Ability to show initiative, be flexible and volunteer independently
- Ability to have knowledge of the building in order to escort patients, families, visitors and patients to the appropriate area of the facility
- Ability to protect the privacy and confidentiality of all patients and guests
- Ability to be dependable and organized
- Ability to have a professional attitude and appearance at all times
- Sedentary: Exerts up to ten pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently.
- Opportunity to observe a healthcare setting
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Reference source for future endeavors
About VANTAGE Aging RSVP
388 S Main St., Ste. 235, Akron, OH 44311, US
Promoting a positive perspective on aging.
VANTAGE Aging promotes positive aging through a variety of programs and services for older adults. Our nonprofit organization serves 38 counties and is headquartered in Akron, Ohio. In Summit and Medina Counties, we facilitate the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) for those 55 and older who want to make a meaningful impact in the community. We also offer employment training, home care and home health aide assistance, nutrition and home-delivered meal services, alcohol and drug addiction counseling, and mental health and prevention services.
195 Wadsworth RdWadsworth, OH 44281
July 25, 2023
- Case Work / Management
- Office Reception
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Days: Monday thru Friday Time Slots: 4 hour shifts between 8am- 4pm; schedules will vary depending on department assignment