Window System Administrator Intern/Volunteer
3 people are interested
Straight Talk Counseling (STC) serves the Orange County’s vulnerable populations with a variety of mental health needs. Through offering quality counseling services, prevention classes, psychotherapy, and other specialized programs, STC strives to heal and support the individuals, families, or children to rebuild their lives with healthier mental capacity. Since 1971, tens of thousands of individuals and family members have received no cost or low-cost services from STC.
The organization is expanding with brand new initiatives to increase our visibility and services. In order to meet new and changing demands, we need additional staff to support our growing team to help us develop and expand STC's presence in the field of mental health community.
If you have a background in Window System Administration, STC needs you to help us carry out STC's mission to offer affordable mental health services to vulnerable populations in Orange County. The Window System Administrator Intern/Volunteer will execute STC's growing needs for installing and configuring software, hardware and networks; monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues; and ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure.
ResponsibilitiesVolunteer duties include, but are not limited to, one or more of the followings:
- Manage all systems administration centered around Windows Server 2016 & 2019 including User Accounts and Security, Connectivity settings, Hardware components, Devices/Drivers, and Backup procedures
- Install new software and manage software updates for multiple computer workstations and laptops
- Receive, Troubleshoot, and Respond to technical issues raised by team members including problems with connectivity (LAN, Wireless, Remote VPN), network (shared file server, printers, fax machines), and general computer malfunction
- Research and provide astute recommendations for hardware/software purchases, upgrades, and changes
- Experience in managing technical systems
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and 2019
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as a strong team player
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Network/Connectivity expertise
- Basic computer skills including internet research, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Interest in nonprofit work, philanthropy
- Experience working at a social-entrepreneurship nonprofit
- Collaboration within a positive team environment
- Networking with other nonprofit professionals
- With positive work experience, references provided
- For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements
Please fill out the application at http://bit.ly/stc-volunteer-application.
About STRAIGHT TALK CLINIC INC
3785 South Plaza Drive, Santa Ana, CA 92704, US
Our mission is to make available a variety of mental health and counseling services for the benefit of individuals and families in need, for whom access or utilization of such services are generally limited, restricted or otherwise unavailable.
Straight Talk Clinic is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded in 1971 to serve families and individuals seeking low or no-cost counseling services and mental health treatment, and/or related services. Our organization have launched numerous programs and developed a variety of specialized services for the disadvantaged populations with limited resources. We have been a pioneer to promote and provide accessible, affordable and effective prevention and intervention services for children and families across Orange County. Straight Talk Clinic’s sliding-fee scale, evening and weekend hours counseling programs address the special needs of low-income groups including children, adolescents, parents, couples, and seniors.
We'll work with your schedule.
3785 S. Plaza Dr.Santa Ana, CA 92704
- IT Strategy
- IT Management
- Security / Network Administration
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 4 months commitment, 5 to 10 hours per week.