Volunteer! Museum Docent/Tour Guide
3 people are interested
SUPERVISED BY: Richfield Historical Society's Director
PURPOSE OF JOB:Provide a welcoming, hospitable environment at the Richfield History Center and rewarding learning experience to museum visitors through guided tours of the Riley Bartholomew House.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Conducting occasional tours, if necessary, of the Riley Bartholomew House.
- Greeting and welcoming visitors upon their arrival to the History Center.
- Answering Richfield-related inquires and aiding with research questions.
- Continually keeping informed about changes in museum exhibits.
- Acting as a History Center's gift shop cashier, and comfortable with cash, check and credit card transactions.
About Richfield Historical Society
6901 LYNDALE AVE S, RICHFIELD, MN 55423, US
The Richfield Historical Society’s mission is: to acquire, document and preserve the unique story of Richfield, Minnesota. In addition, our mission is to inspire a sense of place and history through the details of our past.
The Richfield Historical Society was formed in 1967 to preserve and share the history of the Bartholomew House. The House Museums stands as a reminder of an agricultural age in Richfield before large farmsteads gave way to tracks of suburban homes. Built by Riley Bartholomew for his family in 1852, the house is now a museum giving visitors a chance to learn about farm life in Richfield.
Thirty-eight years later, in 2005, the Richfield History Center was built as a new resource for citizens and visitors of Richfield to discover the interesting history of Richfield.
We are a registered 501(c)(3) organization so your contributions to our non-profit organization are tax-exempt.is a dynamic part of the community.
We'll work with your schedule.
6901 Lyndale Ave SRichfieldRichfield, MN 55423
- Office Reception
- Retail / Sales
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- The Richfield History Center is open every Wednesday and Saturday 12-4pm. We do not require Museum Docent to be present at all open hour shifts. The Society's director will work with the volunteer to dictate a schedule based on the volunteer's needs.