TEDxSeattle Head of Communications
20 people are interested
TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxSeattle , where x = independently organized TED event.
TEDxSeattle is one of the first and longest running TEDx events in the world. Now we are proud to say it is one of the largest as well. What started in 2010 as a single-day event called TEDxRainier with an audience of 600 people has evolved into TEDxSeattle with an audience that now fills McCaw Hall’s 2,800 seat auditorium.
The TEDxSeattle organization and annual event is a 100% volunteer-run and self-supporting nonprofit and we are currently looking for a Head of Communications to join our team!
This primary responsibility of this role is to drive awareness of the TEDxSeattle brand through the greater Seattle community. This role is instrumental in the overall success of the event.
Why participate? Gain the satisfaction of being a critical part of a large, influential event tied to a global brand. Open doors with the Seattle business community of thinkers and doers. Get a powerful resume builder. Serve as an integral part of a supportive, passion-driven volunteer-run community. Be involved with an organization offering a long track record of game-changing events and building community.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinating with the various teams and relaying that information to your team. You will work closely with the Speaker team as they curate speakers. You will work closely with the Partnerships team to ensure we execute on partnership promises.
- Manage a master schedule of your team's deliverables and ensure deadlines are met.
- Drive the overall Marketing and communications strategy for the TEDxSeattle organization.
- Ensure brand consistency across all channels
- Oversee design of all media assets (Website, Program, Badges, Signage, Ads, merchandise, etc)
- Coordinate with Speaker team and deliver go to market strategy to drive community awareness of speakers
- Oversee Monthly Newsletter and Social Media Strategy
- Facilitate Media buys and ad purchases
- Manage relationships with media, PR, and Creative Agencies
- Lead and grow a team comprised of roles such as Email Marketing Manager, Designers, Ticketing/Registration Manager, Social Media Manager
- Marketing Strategy (4+ years)
- Event Management (2+ years)
- Digital media strategy experience
- Experience working with PR agencies
- Understanding of Email Marketing strategies and tools
- Experience with Consumer Marketing Strategies
- Event promotion experience
- 6-10 hours/week
Next step: Does this role resonate with you? We encourage you to apply!
No applicable, Seattle, WA 98109, US
About TEDx Seattle TEDxSeattle is one of the first TEDx events offered in the world, and is our region’s premier TED-style event as well as the largest in Washington State. Our premiere event is Saturday, November 23th, 2019 at McCaw Hall, where we guide 2,800 people through a series of TED talks, audience activities, and lobby experiences over the course of a day. We also produce a series of smaller TEDx events around Seattle during the year.
TEDxSeattle is a volunteer-based organization that strives to spread ideas worth sharing. In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxSeattle, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxSeattle event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group.
We'll work with your schedule.
Seattle areaSeattle, WA 98104
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Sales Marketing
- 6-8 hours/week