Assist clients obtain state issued IDs
1 person is interested
Our current volunteers regularly work during the hours of 8am-4pm Monday through Friday. The workload can be like light case work. The average case takes about 4 hours, including travel time, which is usually spread out over the course of a week or two. Volunteers are not required to do all the work for a single case and may share the load with other volunteers. Once volunteers are trained up and comfortable with their skill level, and they can set their own hours/schedule. Ideally volunteers will work together in pairs. You will never be asked to do anything on your own until and unless you are comfortable doing so.
Typical tasks include the following:
- Tabling events for recruiting volunteers and/or new clients
- Intake interview with new client in person or over the phone
- Ordering birth certificate with client online or in person at the Department of Health
- Obtaining medical records (to get social security card) with the client at a clinic or hospital
- Applying for a replacement Social Security Card at the Social Security Administration office
- Applying for ID at the Department of Driver Service in person with the client
- Storytelling - telling a client's story in order to promote the chapter/organization
- Registering eligible clients to vote
There are some required online training modules that will teach skills and competency in obtaining IDs and also introduce the technology we use to do so. This training is 30-60 minutes.
You will also be required to submit a background check.
After completing the introductory modules, we'll have you shadow one of our experienced volunteers through a case or two during an orientation period.
We'll work with your schedule.
variousWarner Robins, GA 31095
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- minimum 4 hours per week