Red Cross: Blood Drives
American Red Cross
Make a difference in your community. The Red Cross needs volunteers to help at local Blood Drives.
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Manage donor flow at temp taking station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
- Explain purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand reason for deferral if applicable.
- Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
- Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution. Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact
- Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
- May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
We ask that someone interested in volunteering for this position is able to commit to at least 1 shift a month (average shift is 5-6 hours). PPE and remote training will be provided.
The Blood Donor Ambassador helps with registration, distributing snacks and assisting donors during their time at the Blood Drive. Volunteers must be comfortable with technology. For more information on either of these opportunities contact Lee at email@example.com
About American Red Cross
2131 Deckner St, Green Bay, WI 54302, US
The mission of the American Red Cross is to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Get Involved! Volunteer
American Red Cross volunteers touch lives every day. They are as diverse as the people receiving Red Cross Services. It takes all kinds of people to make this organization work - different ages, backgrounds and skills.