Join the St. Jude Run/Walk Planning Committee
7 people are interested
Make networking mean more by supporting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in the fight against childhood cancer. Join our 2019 Fort Worth St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer volunteer planning committee.
Join St. Jude in hosting this inspiring, family friendly, 5k event that brings the local community together each September during Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, to raise awareness and fundraise in support of the life-saving mission of St. Jude.
- Event Chair: Serve as the lead volunteer for implementation of the St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer. A successful Event Chair possesses strong organization, leadership and communication skills. This individual is able to commit approximately 10-15 hours a month and serve up to a 2-3 year term in the position based on goal achievements.
- Marketing Chair: Primary responsibilities of the Marketing Chair are to develop and implement grass roots and media-driven marketing to raise awareness about the local St Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer event. This individual is someone who is familiar with marketing plans and can use their connections to promote and support the mission of St. Jude.
- Sponsorship Chair: Primary responsibilities of the Sponsorship Chair are to secure financial, in-kind, and mission support from new and returning St. Jude Walk/ Run sponsors. This person will be comfortable representing St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and the St. Jude Walk/Run event within the community and building high level relationships.
- Team Development Chair: Primary responsibilities of the Team Development Chair are recruiting and developing teams. The Team Development Chair ensures that Teams participating in the event represent the community and that they are given the information/tools they need to successfully fundraise.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other deadly diseases. Everything we do is centered on finding cures and saving children. And families never receive a bill from St. Jude. We pay for treatment, travel, housing and food - because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
395 Purcey StFort Worth, TX 76102
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Monthly Meetings and roughly 5-10 hours per month