ieReads Book Buddy
DONATE TO THIS
8 people are interested
Help foster a generation of readers! ieReads aims to encourage a love of reading and ensure that more children in the Inland Empire are reading at grade level by the end of the 3rd grade. For this opportunity, ieReads is teaming up with Foothill Family Shelter, a nonprofit organization who houses homeless families located in Upland.
We are looking for volunteers who can volunteer for at least 1 hour every other Thursday evening from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm at Foothill Family Shelter’s process group apartment in Upland. Volunteer responsibilities include inspiring a passion for reading by reading to kids ages, 0 to 12. Volunteers will be required to fill out a Foothill Family Shelter volunteer applications and attend volunteer orientation on one of the following dates: October 24, November 7 or 14 of 2019 from 5:00-6:00 pm. Please note that start date is dependent on completion of orientation. Experience with children is recommended but not required.
About Inland Empire United Way
9644 Hermosa Ave., Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730, US
Improving the lives and futures of children and families in need by investing in Education, Health, and Financial Stability
Inland Empire United Way provides dynamic opportunities for individuals, families, teams and corporate groups to engage in meaningful volunteer opportunities within the Inland Empire region.
- The community and people we serve are our top priority
- The services we provide reflect honesty and integrity
- We promote diversity and believe that serving together creates opportunities for people to appreciate the differences of others
- Through teamwork we can achieve tangible results and effectively address community needs
- We value every individual’s capacity to make a difference and bring lasting change
- To promote and expand opportunities for voluntary service throughout the Inland Empire
- To train and equip volunteer leaders
- To effectively gather volunteers in emergency relief situations
- To meet critical community needs through service
- To assist others in developing and managing successful volunteer programs and volunteer opportunities
We'll work with your schedule.
Foothill Family Shelter Process Group222 S. St.Upland, CA 91763
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour every other Thursday evening for 2 months